Winter is coming once again! This means for the next few months, we’ll be dealing with cloudy skies, cold temperatures and terrible road conditions. To ensure you’re as safe as possible on the road this season, it’s vital that you bring your car to a specialist for winter car maintenance in Gary, IN. Continue reading to learn about the importance of having your brakes inspected and serviced by a pro:
- The roads are more dangerous: From unplowed roads that are covered in several inches of snow to icy streets that cause you to slip and slide, winter weather makes for horrible road conditions. Your best defense against these nasty conditions is a set of winter tires and properly-functioning brakes. Ensure your brakes will respond when you need them the most by having them inspected today.
- Road salt is hard on brakes: The number one defense against the ice and snow mentioned above is road salt! The salt helps melt the ice and snow, making for an easier and safer commute. Unfortunately, this road salt builds up on your brake pads throughout the winter, potentially leading to uneven wear. We can’t do anything about the salt affecting your brakes, but we can ensure your brake pads will be safe and ready for winter if you bring your car in to our shop!
- Snow and ice affect brakes: Melting snow and ice will lead to extra moisture on your brake pads and even in your brake fluid. You don’t have to be a mechanic to know that’s not good! This extra moisture on the brake pad creates a dragging sensation when braking. If you’re unlucky enough to have moisture get in your brake fluid, it can lengthen the time it takes your car to come to a stop. When you bring your car to our shop, we’ll check to ensure your brake pads are looking good and your brake fluid is at the proper level.
Why choose Miller Brakes and Mufflers, Inc.?
Choosing the right team for winter car maintenance in Gary, IN is crucial. Here are a few reasons why our clients come to see us each and every winter:
- Wide range of services: We’re a full-service auto shop that can perform all sorts of work on cars, trucks and SUVs. Whether you need a realignment, brake work, a new exhaust system or a full tune-up, we’re the team for the job.
- Fast turnaround time: We know you don’t want to wait around for days while your car is in the shop. That’s why we work fast to get your car back to you! We’ll tune your car up as soon as possible to ensure you don’t have to rely on taxis or friends to get around town.
- Fair prices: When you come to Miller Brakes and Mufflers, Inc., we guarantee you won’t overpay for any of our services. To show our commitment to competitive prices, we provide free estimates to all of our customers.
Don’t wait one more second to come to our shop for winter car maintenance in Gary, IN! On top of servicing your brakes and tires, our team can look over your entire vehicle to ensure everything is in tip-top shape. Your car will be safe and sound for the whole winter after just a couple hours with our specialists.
This post was written by Writer