How to Maintain Your Car’s MufflerJanuary 11, 2019 6:11 pm Leave your thoughts
The last thing most car owners want is to hear the deafening rumble of a malfunctioning muffler. The muffler plays an important role in dampening the engine’s noise, helping reduce engine backpressure and filtering the engine’s fumes before they reach the environment. Keeping the muffler in good shape will help your car drive better and keep your pocketbook fuller in the long run by preventing catastrophic car repairs.
Are you thinking you might need to invest in muffler repair in Gary, IN? In order to maintain your car muffler’s performance, here are some warning signs that would indicate you should take your car in right away:
- Loud noises: Because the muffler helps to control engine noise, the most obvious sign of a problem is when you hear the engine more. Most of the time you’ll hear a loud whining sound if the muffler isn’t working well.
- Nasty smells: On top of hearing noises, you might smell something funny when the muffler stops acting as a good filter for the exhaust system. The fumes can leak into the car, which is not good for your health, so if you start to smell them, take the car in right away.
- Extra refueling: Your car gets better gas mileage when it’s in top shape, and this goes down as maintenance issues pop up. If you notice you have to refuel more often than usual, you might want to head to the mechanic for a quick check.
- Exhaust pipe condensation: You might notice that fluid is leaking from the tailpipe, especially during the warmest part of the day, and this could be a sign that the muffler is starting to break down.
- Loose parts or holes: The muffler is a complex part, even if it looks simple from the outside. If something inside is loose, or if your muffler is cracked because of encounters with potholes or debris, you might need to replace the whole part.
- Rust: Rust is a huge issue for mufflers, especially if you live in an area with lots of rain and snow. Even without the extra precipitation, mufflers often rust because water collects inside them and they don’t get hot enough to burn it off.
No matter what problem you encounter, you’ll want to make sure you bring your car to a trusted muffler shop in Gary, IN. One of the community’s premier shops is Miller Brakes and Mufflers, Inc. Our shop can help you with all your muffler needs, but we also offer a full range of services, including engine and transmission rebuilds, suspension work and brake repair and replacement.
Miller Brakes and Mufflers, Inc. is ASE certified and committed to providing the highest quality of customer service. We know how hard it can be to understand car repairs, so we always ensure that our customers understand everything about our work. Transparency is our goal, and this focus has helped us better serve the Gary, IN community for nearly 20 years. Stop by or call today for more information on our services and rates.
Categorised in: Muffler Repair, Muffler Shop
This post was written by Writer