Five Signs Your Car Needs Brake RepairOctober 3, 2018 5:55 am Leave your thoughts
The brakes are a vital part of your car, and you want them in top working shape to protect yourself, your family and your vehicle as a whole. The fact is that effective brakes could make the difference between a catastrophic accident and a near miss. That means you’ll need to regularly maintain your brakes and address any problems they may have early on.
When your vehicle experiences brake problems, you’ll need to take it in for professional brake service in Gary, IN. Let’s take a look at some of the top signs that your brakes aren’t working the way they should:
- Car vibrates during braking: If there is an odd motion or vibration during braking, this isn’t a good sign. It means that the brakes’ rotors are likely warped. The rotors are the part of the wheel where it connects to the brake pads. When these aren’t functioning properly, then the whole brake system is affected.
- Strange noises during braking: Do you hear a grinding or howling noise when you press the brakes? This means it’s likely that the brake pads have been worn down, and that sound you’re hearing is metal against metal. You may need to replace the brake rotors or drums along with the brake pads as well.
- Squishy brakes: Are your brakes not responding as quickly as they did before? Again, this could be a sign that the brake pads are worn down. It may also be another issue involving the brakes, such as low fluid levels or pockets of air in the brake lines.
- Car has a pull toward one side: If the car moves toward one side of the road when you hit the brakes, this could be a deeper issue with the brake system. Possible causes include wear on the brake pads, a collapsed brake hose or tainted brake fluid.
- Brakes squeal: This is the most common sign of brake failure. It’s typically the first sign that the brake pads need to be replaced. If you want to preserve the brake system and avoid costly repairs, it’s a smart idea to take the car in when you first hear that squealing sound.
If your car is experiencing any of these signs, then it’s time to seek out brake service in Gary, IN. Miller Brakes and Mufflers, Inc. has separated itself from the competition by offering fair, transparent rates and service that’s second to none. We offer high-quality auto repair with a full gamut of services, including brakes, tires, exhaust systems, mufflers, suspension, alignment and general auto maintenance. We’re your one stop shop for all of your automotive repair needs.
We’re a locally owned and operated business with an expert staff of all ASE-certified technicians. We’re transparent in everything we do, offering our customers peace of mind no matter the service we provide. If something is broken, we’ll tell you why. If you’re due for service, we’ll explain what needs work. Contact us right now or stop by our shop for a complimentary consultation.
Categorised in: Brake Service
This post was written by Writer