Five Tips for Summer Car Care from an Auto Shop in Gary, INJuly 4, 2017 2:49 am Leave your thoughts
Thank goodness it’s finally summer! We’ve all ditched our coats and boots and replaced them with shorts and sandals. If your car could talk, it’d probably say that it’s glad summer is here, too. You don’t have to be a car expert to know winter temperatures and winter road conditions are awful for vehicles. But did you know that summer can be equally damaging to vehicles? It’s true! If you’re not careful, extreme heat can ruin your car and put a damper on your summer plans. Here are a few things you or your auto shop in Gary, IN can do to help keep your car running well all year long:
- Check your tires: Even though the difference can be negligible, outside temperatures affect your tire pressure. That said, the hotter (or colder) it gets, the more noticeable this difference will be. It’s good practice to check to make sure your tires are properly inflated at all times, especially if you’re planning on taking a road trip at some point this year. If your tires are getting a bit worn, now is also a great time to invest in a new set. Bald tires are extremely dangerous and not something you want to mess around with.
- Check your fluid levels: Summer heat can also affect fluid levels throughout your vehicle. Evaporation occurs quicker as the heat rises, so it’s essential to check your fluids more often than usual this time of year. While you’re probably capable of checking your oil by yourself, inspecting other fluid levels (like power steering and coolant) can be more difficult. Let a professional inspect your fluids to ensure they’re all topped off.
- Have your oil changed: Going along with the previous point, now is a great time to visit an auto shop in Gary, IN to have your oil changed. Changing the oil in your car isn’t that difficult, but it’s nice to have peace of mind that a professional is replacing your oil with the correct type for the season and for your engine.
- Test your battery: Summer is the worst time of year for car batteries. Brutal conditions and constant usage drain the battery fluid levels way faster than in the winter. Don’t get caught with a dead battery—visit our shop to have your battery tested and replaced if necessary!
- Check your alignment: General wear and tear, as well as hitting curbs and potholes, can throw off your alignment and make driving down the road a bit tricky—and dangerous. Before you hit the road this summer, bring your car into an auto shop to have your alignment checked and repaired if necessary. Proper alignment will not only help keep you safe on the road, it can also prevent a variety of problems from arising in the future.
Don’t wait any longer to get your car prepared for summer. Visit our auto shop in Gary, IN to have all the aforementioned services performed to ensure a properly functioning vehicle. Miller Brakes & Mufflers, Inc. offers some of the most reasonable rates in the area, and we guarantee the quality of our work.
Categorised in: Auto Shop
This post was written by Writer